[isf-wifidog] Issues compiling and installing the wifidog gateway package

Philippe April isf_lists at philippeapril.com
Ven 10 Juin 12:38:36 EDT 2005

What's cool with the new openwrt experimental is that it now compiles
as external packages, all the modules we needed that wouldn't be
included by default.

Therefore, it means that unless the uClibc version changes from
firmware to firmware, we WILL be able to release generic IPKGs
that'll work everywhere.

That's why the current ipkg/rules is obsolete for experimental, it
tried to compile the iptables modules + libpthread that it's missing
(which are NOW available as packages).

On 10-Jun-05, at 9:49 AM, Hayden Myers wrote:

> I managed to get things up and running yesterday with a little
> rigging.
> Interestingly enough, the libpthread inside the wifidog package I made
> didn't work.  It kept saying something about not being an elf
> executable.
> The previous experimental version of openwrt I compiled built all
> sorts of
> packages.  I installed the libpthread package from that build and all
> seems to worked fine.
>
> Hayden Myers
>

> On Fri, 10 Jun 2005, Philippe April wrote:

>> That package should only be used with our images (with are NON-
>> experimental).
>>
>> Try this package, although a bit obsolete:
>>
>> http://69.90.92.180/dist/openwrt/packages/wifidog_1.1.1-1_mipsel.ipk
>>
>> It's been compiled for experimental.
>>
>> If it works, I'll update it to the latest version.
>>
>> On 9-Jun-05, at 2:32 PM, Hayden Myers wrote:
>>

>>> for whatever reason, something happened to the test box that I was
>>> about
>>> to deploy as our first wifidog hotspot.  The wireless adapter
>>> disappeared
>>> entirely from existance on my wrt54gs running openwrt
>>> experimental.  It's
>>> been a month since I built that box so I decided to grab the latest
>>> stuff.
>>> I've got everything compiled again, but am getting these messages
>>> when
>>> trying to install the wifidog package.
>>>
>>> Installing wifidog (1.1.2_pre1) to root...
>>> Package wifidog wants to install file /usr/lib/iptables/
>>> libipt_mark.so
>>>         But that file is already provided by package iptables
>>> Package wifidog wants to install file /usr/lib/iptables/
>>> libipt_MARK.so
>>>         But that file is already provided by package iptables
>>> Package wifidog wants to install file /lib/libpthread.so.0
>>>         But that file is already provided by package libpthread
>>>
>>> I compiled against the same exact buildroot used to create the
>>> openwrt
>>> image.  I'm guessing I have to somehow remove these 2 files from