[isf-wifidog] WiFiDog Roadmap, first draft

David Vincelli micologist at gmail.com
Jeu 9 Juin 15:50:38 EDT 2005

On 6/9/05, Benoit Grégoire <bock at step.polymtl.ca> wrote:
> We don't use triggers (unfortunately).  However, we do use transactions,
> foreign keys and foreign key constraints.  I think that demanding 15 year old
> technology is a reasonnable expectation.

I agree 100% with you.

> Once again.  MySQL:  Yes, if someone steps forward to maintain it.  PHP4:  Not
> as part of the mainline.

Perhaps we should have a look at this ruby gem. It looks pretty
simple, you lay out the basic schema and pepper the schema with
embedded ruby (erb) statements to generate the appropriate dialect of
database DDL.

http://rubyforge.org/projects/db-structure/

<quote>
"This gem provides some utilites for creating databases and
maintaining compatibility with multiple database backends (SQLite,
MySQL and PostgreSQL), and is mainly a gemmification of code available
in RForum, with some additions."
</quote>

--
David Vincelli