[isf-wifidog] WiFiDog Roadmap, first draft

Alexandre Carmel-Veilleux saruman at northernhacking.org
Jeu 9 Juin 09:32:24 EDT 2005

On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 08:04:46PM -0400, Mina Naguib wrote:

> Alex, in which user-side aspects are the 3.x and 4.x releases
> different ?  I know several server configs were changed and some
> minor SQL keywords were altered (for example table "type" became
> table "engine"), but what other major stuff would we need to worry
> about ?

	I mostly had InnoDB in mind. It's been so long since I touched
3.23 that I can't remember off-hand the differences. I never had an
install of 3.23 that had anything other then MyISAM available so I can't
make comments on what may be missing.

	My main worry was that once we DO support MySQL then we'd have
to be clear about what minimum feature set we support. You know, do we
need InnoDB? Transactions? Constraints? Triggers? (I have no clue about
the Auth Server's SQL needs.)

Alex