[isf-wifidog] WiFiDog Roadmap, first draft

Pascal Leclerc isf at plec.ca
Mer 8 Juin 16:08:25 EDT 2005

> The problem I see, is that since none of us ( at Ile Sans Fil ) will be
> using the MySQL schema on a day-to-day basis, it'll be a pain to keep it
> in sync with the developpment. I'm repeating myself, but let's make it
> clear for everybody, I am willing to help anyone who's interesting in
> using it daily and wants to maintain the schema. The initial schema is
> the real bottleneck, once is done, most queries are not using highly
> complex SQL, it should not be a problem to run them on MySQL.

On the other side, for others developpers (and me) postgresql is a pain to
use in comparaison with mysql. I can't understand why we must develop the
auth-server schema in postgresql (or any DB) and not in a DB design GUI
like DBDesigner (abstraction). I don't know what DBdesign worth (any power
user of this tool somewhere ?) but maybe it can solve some developpment
issue.

I think MySQL is a must have for easy developpment. When I started writing
install script for auth-server, postgresql was a big pain in the ... and
my coding happiness change to "F..k Off" mode.

This summer, I will have a lot of free time, maybe it will be for MySQL.

   Pascal