[isf-wifidog] auth-lite ?

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Sam 4 Juin 09:11:12 EDT 2005

On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 08:53:31PM +0100, Ian White wrote:
> Does it have the heartbeat stuff etc, that goes on after auth ?

a heartbeat? i don't see anything like that in the cvs version of
auth-lite. i didn't know i needed to emit one, is it a
connection-keepalive thing or a kind of presence notification?

> I've been using nocat for a couple of years, but it doesn't have the two
> way comms, or the external splash page concepts that wifidog has.

part of our plan is to implement an auth mode in nocatsplash which can
behave this way, just send you straight through to a portal page.
the latest version does let you re-load the splash page from a given
URL on a schedule, which i think is enough, but i am getting there
faster with wifidog at the moment.

Schuyler and Saul made an ipkg for our patched wifidog, that sends the
mac address as the default gw_id, and what you get on the auth/portal
server side is very much tied in to the node map / nodedb.
http://map.wirelesslondon.info/docs/wifidog.html

i'd like to make some of those components useful to ISF at least

-jo