[isf-wifidog] wireless community help

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Jeu 28 Juil 16:03:38 EDT 2005

On July 27, 2005 08:28 pm, Andrew Barbaccia wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm new to wifidog but looks like its the way to go so far (good job devs).
> I plan on setting up a mesh network with multiple accesspoints to service a
> few apartment complexes with wifi. The APs will be running embedded linux
> which the wifidog client should be able to run on top of.
>
> My question is can i restrict bandwidth while using wifidog?
> Can i do it based on permissions (group a gets 256kbps, groub B gets
> 512kbps)?

No, this is not yet supported.

> Can i implement snort_inline in addition to wifidog - either on the AP or
> at the server for Intrusion Protection (if you think this is even needed)?

I don't see it as usefull on the AP.  As for the server, it's no different
from any other server.  If you like snort_inline, go for it.

> Can I restrict that only one instance of an account be logged in at a time?

That's the default behaviour (and it's not currently configurable).  Anyone
who logs-in will expire any other tokens active for that user.  The user
isn't warned that this just happenned however.

--
Benoit Grégoire, http://benoitg.coeus.ca/