[isf-wifidog] whiterussian openwrt

Dr. Marios Moutzouris m.moutzouris at neuron.gr
Lun 25 Juil 08:11:24 EDT 2005

Many thanks kaouete,

It works beautifully.

Marios

-----Original Message-----
From: wifidog-bounces at listes.ilesansfil.org
[mailto:wifidog-bounces at listes.ilesansfil.org] On Behalf Of kaouete
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2005 12:53 PM
To: WiFiDog Captive Portal
Subject: Re: [isf-wifidog] whiterussian openwrt

your problem with mac are linked to openwrt, not to the firewall
script, running wifidog before firewall will not fix your problem.

juts install whiterussian rc2 like it is said on openwrt wiki :
http://wiki.openwrt.org/OpenWrtDocs/Installing#head-76e6cbae21c39c506a74e780
0f5ae7f93ed37d46

use tftp or mtd.

install iptables-extra and kmod-iptables-extra packages
install libpthread package
install wifidog (compile it with whiterussian sdk)
in wifidog dir with my ipkg/rules :
BUILDROOT=/path/to/whiterussian/sdk/ ./ipkg/rules

add "insmod ipt_REDIRECT" at the beginning of S65wifidog init.d
script, rename it to S43wifidog
add sleep 10 at the beginning of S45firewall script, reboot and it
should be ok.

you can try before doing these last change to insmod by hand
ipt_REDIRECT and run wifidog-init to see if it works.

kaouete

On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 12:28:26PM +0300, Dr. Marios Moutzouris wrote:
> I have done the following:
>
> 1. Compile whiterussian and wifidog. No problem.With that script for
> ipkg/rules
> 2. On running the wifidog-init script it seg faults on mac testing place.
> 3. When wifidog runs, and tries to add the mac address...error from
> iptables.
>
> 1. I did the following. Moved wifidog before the firewall script starts.
So

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1210428&group_id=10
> > 2646&atid=632424

> > > Yeah, WhiteRussian is basically the CVS build minus a whole lot of
> > > packages.  I currently managed to get wifidog to compile into the
> > > buildroot of the latest CVS build.  Haven't tested the resulting
> > > firmware, nor have I tried compiling the ipkg with the SDK yet, but it
> > > all seems very straight forward now.
> > >
> > > Basically, all I did was follow the instructions in the buildroot
> > > documentation.
> > >
> > > If it works in Experimental, it should work in WhiteRussian.  The
person
> > > who submitted the bug seemed to refer to the default iptables script
in
> > > WhiteRussian/Experiemntal.  However, I don't see anything that would
> > > break WiFiDog AFAIK.
> > >
> > > Therefore, since you weren't able to reproduce the bug in 20050525, I
> > > think it's safe to say that we need more info to track this one down.
:)