[isf-wifidog] Is it possible to Install on Redhat 9?

Mina Naguib webmaster at topfx.com
Jeu 7 Juil 09:14:52 EDT 2005

On 7-Jul-05, at 6:15 AM, Bassam A. Al-Khaffaf wrote:

> Dear All,
>
>    I am new in here and new to wifidog. I went through the wifidog
> web site
> and read the documentation and appreciate all the works that have
> been done
> and achieved so far by all the people who participated in making
> wifidog up.
> I have one question here and excuse me if this question has been
> raised up
> in here before.
>
> Is it possible to install WiFiDog on Redhat 9 Linux machine

Most definitely.  WiFiDog does not require a specific flavor of
linux.  As a matter of fact, the central server does not require
linux at all.  It should run fine on BSDs and I even heard of a rumor
of it worked on windows.

> , the reason of
> this question is that I already built my own wireless gateway and I
> have
> done many programming modules like Plug and Play (Any IP, Any DNS
> and Any
> Proxy) and I was using NoCatAuth before as the captive portal to my
> wireless
> gateway and now I want to migrate to WiFiDog captive portals and
> leave the
> full of bugs NoCatAuth behind that gave me a lot of headache.
>
> If the answer to my first question is YES, now can I install both
> parts
> (wifidog and wifidog-auth) on the same machine?

Certainly.  You'll need a working PostgreSQL database.

Then for the central server, you'll need PHP5.

And for the gateway, you'll need netfilter+iptables.

> Is there a detailed documentation that can be followed for the
> installation
> on redhat 9?

Nothing distro-specific.  Follow the individual installation
instructions for the server and for the gateway. If you run into any
problems let us know the specifics.

> Your answers are highly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Anytime.  Thanks for choosing WiFiDog :)