[isf-wifidog] Hotspot status with Google Maps (almost done) !

Proulx François fproulx at edito.qc.ca
Sam 2 Juil 03:12:26 EDT 2005

Hi everybody,
I am pleased to announce that I have a very nice working proof of
concept for hotspot status using the brand new Google Maps API.
You can have a look at my demo here :
http://www.edito.qc.ca/mapping/map_demo.html

Please note that the data are bogus, it's a snapshot of the database
from a month ago and the status are completely random. I tracked down
about 20 GPS coordinates, I have a still lots to do, but that's bread
and butter compared to the JavaScript programming.

If you're interested in the technical aspects :
I'm using a XML document geneated by Wifidog containing all the data
about the hotspots ( this is actually taken from my current
developpment copy of the Wifidog code ). The document is loaded
dynamically using XMLHttpRequest on the client-side and parsed to
display on a map.

Have fun, I'm open to comment as this is only a demo.

François Proulx