[Wifidog] openwrt-g-code.bin telnet enabled

Philippe April isf_lists at philippeapril.com
Sat Jan 29 23:40:17 EST 2005

Just flashing without re-running "firstboot" in failsafe will leave the
partition and all the files on it that were there before you flashed
(the jffs partition) or dirt like that (If I remember correctly).

Because of the fact that you reflashed with a stock linksys kernel
(smaller than openwrt), well openwrt might have detected that partition
and you probably still have those files left on the jffs partition (the
old one).

Usually, if it's the first time you flash with openwrt, it will run
firstboot by itself on the first boot you do (won't tell you it's doing
it).

So basically I think one rule we can follow is to always go into
failsafe and run "firstboot" everytime you flash. In THEORY you could
flash to a newer openwrt without removing everything but I'd recommend
against :)

On 29-Jan-05, at 5:14 PM, Benoit Grégoire wrote:

> On Saturday 29 January 2005 16:28, Matthew Asham wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> My AP was previously flashed with stock openwrt, and for kicks I
>> downgraded it back to Linksys firmware (2.02.7).  After downgrading I
>> restored factory settings in the Linksys admin page.
>>
>> I've just re-flashed openwrt from
>> http://www.ilesansfil.org/dist/openwrt/openwrt-g-code.bin and I can
>> see
>> the device's default web page but there does not appear to be a telnet
>> daemon.
>>
>> A port scan reveals only ports 53 and 80 are open.  So I'm wondering,
>> does your openwrt compilation include the telnet or ssh daemon?
>
> All openwrt include the telnet daemon.  I don't know why it's not
> wnabled
> after a clean flash.  You'l need to boot openwrt in failsafe mode and
> try to
> figure out what's up.  Just running firstboot will likely fix it.
> --
> Benoit Grégoire, http://benoitg.coeus.ca/

Philippe April