[Wifidog] Little bug. doh

Philippe April isf_lists at philippeapril.com
Wed Jan 19 16:20:55 EST 2005

I found a bug (which is actually just configuration issues).

I know someone flagged this bug recently.

If the externalinterface is not setup right in the config, the incoming
counter won't be right, therefore the person might get logged out (might
not surf, etc.).

I found this out because I setup a new page called online_users.php on
the auth server and found out that a user was trying to surf (outgoing >
0) but incoming == 0...

I went around the cafes and found out that Barraca and Victoria were
affected (changed the config to the right externalinterface, boom the
user was online, surfing, happy).

We should get rid of this config value (maybe), because it's only to
make sure that iptables is configured right for a setup with multiple
NICs. Anyway, we'll discuss next meeting maybe, for now I fixed the
hotspots to use the right interface).

--
Philippe April
GnuPG: http://key.philippeapril.com/