[Wifidog] Re: wifidog auth service

Matthew Asham matthewa at bcwireless.net
Tue Jan 11 17:04:04 EST 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 14:29, Michael Lenczner wrote:
> "One thing I'd really like to see is a node installer
> that asks for your BC Wireless/<insert CWN group name
> here> username and password, and self registers itself
> in the node database."
>
>  --- Matthew Asham <matthewa at bcwireless.net> wrote:
> <snip>
>
> "One thing I'd really like to see is a node installer
> that asks for your BC Wireless/<insert CWN group name
> here> username and password, and self registers itself
> in the node database."
>
> <snip>
>
> Matt.  That is a great idea!  You mean to keep track
> of wifidog hotspots worldwide?   so people don't have
> to add themselves manually to nodedb?  Or am I missing it?

No, what I was thinking of doing is having a simple installer that asks
for the node name, and the user's CWN group username and password (in
our case it would be a volunteer login).  The installer would then ask
the auth server to add the node into the authservers database and
configure the gateway appropriately.

It'd be neat to add it into nodedb too, but I don't think that would be
easy to do.

Matthew

--
Matthew Asham - The B.C. Wireless Network Society
http://www.bcwireless.net/ - pots/enum/fax +1 604 484 5289 x1006