[Wifidog] WRT54G v2.2 OpenWRT image

Philippe April isf_lists at philippeapril.com
Tue Jan 11 10:44:49 EST 2005

On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 09:32:13AM -0600, Aaron McCann wrote:
> Philippe April wrote:
>
> >Aaron,
> >
> >I haven't seen a v2.2 yet (and I don't think nobody in Ile sans Fil has
> >either) but once we do have one we'll for sure release an image for it.
> >
> >I have to say, maybe I should rename openwrt-g-code.bin to something
> >more meaningful :)
> >
> >I will read about v2.2 today, I think the OpenWRT team (the firmware
> >Wifidog runs on top of) has some documentation regarding v2.2 but I
> >haven't had time to check yet.
> >
> >I'll keep you updated. Of course returning it and buying a v2 would
> >make it easier for now, your choice. Unless it's impossible to make it
> >work on v2.2, we'll have it working sooner than later.
> >
> >If you do find (on Openwrt.org) that the support exists, you could
> >always download the buildroot and recompile an openwrt image, and then
> >build wifidog from that buildroot (which is exactly what we do).
> >

> Thanks for the quick reply.  I was unaware that you guys we just
> building from any OpenWRT buildroot, I thought it only worked with
> certain versions.  I may try downloading and compiling myself before
> returning this unit.  Thank you for the quick reply!

No problem :)

The only thing, the binaries we distribute of wifidog only work with the
firmware/buildroot we built it with (because of the iptables module we
include.. libipt_mac). So if your version of iptables differs, it might
not work.

So if you want to make sure it works for you, download the buildroot,
build the firmware for v2.2, then build wifidog (I can help you with
that, but you can read README.openwrt I believe) and it'll be beautiful
(_should_ be :P)

Let me know! Very interested to know about your success/or not.

--
Philippe April
GnuPG: http://key.philippeapril.com/