[isf-wifidog] Gateway NAT Patch

Scott Tully scott.tully at gmail.com
Lun 28 Fév 20:47:20 EST 2005

> > 1. It adds the masquerade target on the gw_interface instead of the
> > external_interface (is that a bug ?)
>
> I think you're right on that one.

Yup, i fudged that...  I updated the url with a new patch:
http://www.publicip.org/mirror/dists/patches/wifidog.cvs.nat.patch

This patch uses safe_strdup to make sure external_interface is
configured if gw_nat is set...

if(gw_nat){
         external_interface = safe_strdup(config->external_interface);
}

> > 2. If it's a bug, we need to switch it to external_interface - but the
> > gotcha is external_interface is not mandatory and wifidog may not know
> > what it is!
>
> You're also right on that one.
>
> I think I would apply the patch (fix bugs first) but make it... I don't
> know. Not hidden, but make sure to document that this is intrusive (plus
> make mechanism in that we require the externalinterface).

Sorry, i guess i got a little ahead of myself and submitted this patch
before it was properly tested.  Is there another method i should use
for contributing a patch? Maybe one that will not be made public
before going through QA?

Anyway, take it, or leave it. I understand if it doesn't fit into your
plans for the project.  But, it would have saved me a few hours...

Scott