[isf-wifidog] Client captured but no access to login page.

Philippe April isf_lists at philippeapril.com
Ven 25 Fév 11:47:20 EST 2005

> > 2. Hopefully you're using the code of our authentication server, even
> > though there's no tarball release yet (our mistake)?
> >

> Yes, got it from cvs.  The biggest problem i had was figuringout
> postgresql... i'm a mysql guy ;-)

MySQL is supposed to be supported too but it's not advertised too
much.

> > 3. Is your webserver listening on port 443 (HTTPS)? otherwise HTTPS has to
> > be disabled in the wifidog config for the AuthServer entry.
> >

> No, i have it listening on port 80...  I have the server configured as
> "SSLAvailable no" in wifidog.conf... see complete wifidog.conf below.

I don't think we've ever tested "SSLAvailable no".

Perhaps you could install a "self-signed certificate", it'd help
us knowing that it's a bug and it'd help you a lot too :)

> > 4. Make sure the GatewayInterface + GatewayAddress and ExternalInterface
> > are right. This leads to weird issues (like the one you're having).
>
> Everythng looks good here...  eth0, eth1 and 10.10.10.1 is my internal
> ip.  again see below...

Ok. Of course there's no way for me to know if what you use is right
or not :) Try latest CVS and we'll see, but I'd bet that you hit a bug
and the "SSLAvailable no" doesn't work.

If anybody on the list have tried it and can confirm that it works, or
can try it now and confirm, speak up!

So let me know if it's possible for you to try a self signed
certificate. If you can't, I'll test SSLAvailable no for you, but I'll
only be able to do it this weekend...

--
Philippe April
GnuPG: http://key.philippeapril.com/