[wd-isf] ChangeLog

Alexandre Carmel-Veilleux saruman at northernhacking.org
Mon Feb 14 21:25:53 EST 2005

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 09:48:31AM -0500, Benoit Grégoire wrote:

> A commit withoout ChangeLog is simply never justified.  I don't understand why
> you care if there are 10 commits a day, this is the reason CVS exists!  Every
> projects have commits such as "Fixed spelling in a bunch of files", and
> that's fine.  "Major changes to (subsystem), DETAILLED derscription not
> listing all the affected files" is also fine (assuming it's also copied in
> the log message off course.  Adding new files without a ChangeLog simply
> isn't.

	When coding alone, I've often done in excess of 40 commits per day
(i.e.: about 5 per hours.) There's no issues with having hundreds of commits,
except that when you have lots of developers, more SMALLER commits are a
lot easier to deal with (since you can sync much smaller changes back into
your sandbox many times a day.)

Alex