[Wifidog] ezcafe + message

Michael Lenczner michaellenczner at yahoo.ca
Tue Feb 1 14:55:09 EST 2005

I just talked to the owner of ezcafe.  He is going
crazy with people staying too long (ie: 7 hours).  He
asked if we can cut people off.  He still wants to
offer it for free but it is hurting his business.

When I mentioned that our competitors cut people off
(and that we probably wouldn't), he said that he has
already contacted experience wifi and he told me the
pricing (45/month + the cards + equipment?).  The I
suggested that we could log them off after 1 1/2 hours
and display a message to them  ie:"the owner of this
hotspot has asked us to give you the message that . .
.".

1) can we do this? and would it take long to
implement? (for the wifidog list)
2)and should we offer this? (discussion for the
volunteers list)

I'm all for it.  But I haven't thought about it too
much.

mike