[Wifidog] OpenWRT

Philippe April isf_lists at philippeapril.com
Tue Feb 1 03:24:07 EST 2005

> I found out later with a vanilla OpenWrt that $WAN init variable (in
> S45firewall) is set from the wrong NVRAM variable and that was the
> cause...
>
> WAN=$(nvram get wan_ifname)
>
> should be:
>
> WAN=$(nvram get wan_iface)

wan_iface does not exist on my router at home, nor on the cafe's
routers.

Do you have a recent version of openwrt?

We want to get rid of the need for the "ExternalInterface" in wifidog
eventually because it needs to be right in order for wifidog to work
properly (design issue which is not REALLY needed) and it's been
causing trouble lately, it's hard to detect it.

Philippe April