[isf-wifidog] Newbie Server install questions

Ray Gwinn wifidog at wva.net
Ven 30 Déc 22:31:36 EST 2005

Thank you again, we are making progress.  The command "psql -U wifidog wifidog" now
works.  However accessing index.php still gets errors.  I will start on that tomorrow.

For any other newbies that may be following this thread, and unfortunate enough to be
using FC4, I will recap what I have learned so far.

It seems postgreSQL on FC4 needs an ident server, but FC4 seems not to include an
ident server.  An ident server listens port 113.  So I guess the FC4 developers never
tested postgreSQL.  The solution to this problem is to execute the following as root:

    yum install oidentd

Then create the file /etc/xinetd.d/auth containing the following text:

service auth
{
    flags = REUSE
    socket_type = stream
    wait = no
    user = nobody
    server = /usr/sbin/oidentd
    server_args = -s -m -W -N
    log_on_failure += USERID
    disable = no
}

After doing the above, you will have an ident server the next time you boot.

The file /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf needs to be altered.  Basically change the words
"ident sameuser" to the word "trust" in all active lines in the file.

For example:

local   all         all                               ident sameuser

becomes

local   all         all                               trust

I still do not have the wifidog server working, but I wanted to document what I have
learned so far,  before I forget it.

Ray