[isf-wifidog] Newbie Server install questions

Ray Gwinn wifidog at wva.net
Ven 30 Déc 18:14:04 EST 2005

Creating the user wifidog and the database wifidog succeeds without errors.

I am currently installing updates on my FC4 system which takes several hours.  I cannot
make the tests you suggests until that completes.  I re-installed FC4 from scratch so I
could carefully look for an ident server install option, but found none.

Anyhow, if you are running a linux, do you have a file /etc/xinetd.d/auth? I think the
information I need may be in that file even if it is not a FC4 system.  Can you look for me,
and if the file "auth" exists, send it to me?

While you are at it, could you send me a copy of your pg_hba.conf as an example for me
to use?

>From looking at the postgreSQL logs, it seems the ident server is needed by postgreSQL
to validate the user "wifidog".  The logs indicate 3 attempts to connect to the ident server
on port 113.  The connection to port 113 is refused on all 3 attempts.  The next log entry
says the user "wifidog" cannot be authenticated.

Ray