[isf-wifidog] Newbie Server install questions

Ray Gwinn wifidog at wva.net
Ven 30 Déc 16:35:22 EST 2005

> Well ... If you can actually run the index.php (home page) without
> getting errors, you should be fine

When I access index.php, I get the following error displayed "Unable to connect to
database on localhost".

After looking at log files it seems PostgreSQL needs an ident server listening on port 113
which I do seem to have running. I cannot figure out what/where the ident server is on
FC4.

Reading things on the net, it seems the ident server is controlled by the file
/etc/xinetd.d/auth.  If you have a file "auth" in the /etc/xinetd.d/ directory, could you post it
in a message here to give me an idea of what to look for?

Ray