[isf-wifidog] Newbie Server install questions

Ray Gwinn wifidog at wva.net
Mar 27 Déc 18:54:42 EST 2005

Can I determine if the server is working correctly, without trying to connect with a client?  I
would like to know the server is working reasonably well before diving into the client.

I have executed install.php and made it to the second screen.  Everything I currently want
is okay on the second screen shown by install.php.

It worries me that when I execute some of the other php scripts (ie ping/index.php) that I
am told "PongUnable to connect to database on localhost".

When I executed the commands "createuser wifidog --pwprompt" and "createdb wifidog -
-encoding=UTF-8 --owner=wifidog", there were no errors and the output of the
commands were as indicated by install.php.

Ray