[isf-wifidog] Ooops, pressed the button on my WRT54G v4

Joe Bowser bowserj at resist.ca
Jeu 8 Déc 13:51:04 EST 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-08 at 13:31 -0500, Rein Petersen wrote:
> Out of the box the Cisco button on my WRT54G v4 managed to get
> pressed. It flashed for a time and I continued on with installing
> Wifidog client (OpenWRT) on it successfully after it finished
> flashing. However, my node demands a WEP key which is not what I was
> hoping for. I can't seem to get rid of the WEP encryption. Any
> suggestions?

Which version of OpenWRT are you running?  If you are running
WhiteRussian RC3 or later, you can just go into the new web interface
(webif) and change this.  Otherwise, login to the shell and change the
wl0_wep to be disabled.

nvram set wl0_wep="off"
nvram commit

That's pretty much it.  More information on this is in the OpenWRT FAQ.

--
Joe Bowser <bowserj at resist.ca>