[isf-wifidog] WifiDog Implimentation

Rowson Christopher Christopher.Rowson at hullcc.gov.uk
Mar 6 Déc 06:36:24 EST 2005

Greetings all,

My name is Chris, and I am looking at building a captive portal wireless
network for a library service in the UK.

Initially I looked at the nocat project, but found WifiDog and was very
impressed at the cms based info service which would provide a great location
based news service for our users.

I wonder if anyone could point me towards a good source of documentation for
WifiDog to help me along with the project.  Like many open source projects
WifiDog is truly innovative, but is perhaps lacking on the documentation
front.

I seem to have had a little difficulty in finding some comprehensive setup
instructions for the gateway device, and was wondering if setting it up is a
little like setting up the nocat gateway.  I imagine that I require two
network cards; One connected to the LAN to provide internet connection and
to see the auth server, and the other to connect onto a wireless access
point.

I know it's always a pain in the bottom to answer the basic questions like
this, but any help you could offer me at all would be greatly appreciated.
Our project hopes to provide free internet access on a not for profit basis,
and I hope that WifiDog will do this admirably.

Thanks

Chris