[isf-wifidog] WiFi Dog auth server mirroring

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Ven 19 Aou 16:28:48 EDT 2005

On August 19, 2005 02:30 pm, Scott Tully wrote:
> > However, having truely redundant auth servers is problematic.  The main
> > problem is that you need multi-master replication of the database.  There
> > have been a number of changes in the schema to avoid colisions in this
> > scenario.  Unfortunately, there still isn't any free software solution to
> > enable this for either Postgres or MySql.  So we are waiting for the
> > releaase of Sloony II.
>
> You don't consider MySQL Cluster an option? Curious why.... works for me.

From the doc:

MySQL replication will not work correctly off if updates are done on multiple
MySQL servers. However, if the database partitioning scheme done at the
application level, and no transactions take place across these partitions,
then replication can be made to work.

The foreign key construct is ignored, just as it is in MyISAM tables.

--
Benoit Grégoire, http://benoitg.coeus.ca/