[isf-wifidog] Towards 1.0 ... Admin UI + new features

Proulx François fproulx at edito.qc.ca
Sam 13 Aou 01:26:04 EDT 2005

Howdie everyone !

I'm on vacation and I should take some time to write code for
Wifidog. In the past two days I worked quite a bit on the improving /
simplifying and regrouping admin UI structure. All the features that
were in "Hotspot config / creation" were moved to the new generic
editor. That has allowed me to simplifying and overhaul some classes.
I created a very nice geocoding class architecture, making it easy to
support more countries in the future ( I currently support geocoding
in Canada and USA ). The geocoder is used for extracting latitude /
longitude data for the hotspots map page.

I also added the first step in alerting users by e-mail when a
hotspot goes down. I added the "node_tech_officers" table and added
methods to Node class. A node can have one or more owners ( which are
users in the system ) and one or more "technical officers" ( tell me
if you like the title I gave it ) these are users that are in a way
informal tech support for some nodes.

There's more work to come very exciting stuff coming soon. Web-based
Install script ( by Pascal ), geocoding +  Google Maps ( me ),
improved statistics etc...

Bye