[isf-wifidog] released packages for the Auth server?

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Ven 12 Aou 15:10:09 EDT 2005

On August 12, 2005 02:20 pm, Jo Walsh wrote:
> hello,
>
> i'm assuming, from what i see on the ISF site and in sourceforge, that
> there are no released packages of the auth server, only the
> cvs-available version.
>
> I wonder if there's a strong reason for that to be the case? Even if
> it's partially-documented, unless it's undergoing major schema

It is undergoing major schema changes, but it doesn't really matter since the
schema is self-updating.

> changes, it "looks better" and is reassuring to people to have
> released packages...

That is the basic reasonning behind the feature-freeze.  We want to get a
release out the door.  The idea is to release a 1.0 that doesn't have many
new features, but that is much easier to install.  Unfortunately, it does
take time.

> (this is in the context of, i'm last-minute trying to put together a
> 'setting up wifidog' "hack" for the next edition of "Wireless Hacks" -
> though this is very shortnotice and may not happen - and despite what
> you or i might think of a 'hack' being, cvs is actually a little bar
> to entry :/ . Is there a future package-release or package-naming
> scheme i could talk about? )

The naming scheme of the auth server is unlikely to follow the gateway.  I
think we are likely to use the major_features.minor_features.small_fixes
naming convention.

Note that as soom as pascal finishes his installer and that networks have been
abstractes, it will be worth doing 0.x.y releases.  That should happen very
soon.

There will not be a released developpement branch.
--
Benoit Grégoire, http://benoitg.coeus.ca/