[isf-wifidog] Facing a problem when I try to create the postgres database

Proulx François fproulx at edito.qc.ca
Mar 9 Aou 00:18:52 EDT 2005

This appears to be a typical pg_hba.conf configuration issue. What
version of Postgresql are you using ? Look for a file called
pg_hba.conf you'll have to change the security settings and restart
your postgres daemon. Simplest, but most unsecure way to test if it
works is to add a line like this.

local all all trust

This will allow all local users ( connected by shell ) to connect to
any database without the need to enter a password. Read the
instructions in pg_hba to find a suitable security level for your
environnment...

Hope this helps