[isf-wifidog] little mention of wifidog in wired news

Robin Millette millette at waglo.com
Mer 3 Aou 01:07:44 EDT 2005

Robin Millette wrote:
> Michael Lenczner wrote:
>
>> http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,68056,00.html
>

> Interesting, unfortunately the front page describing the project
> http://www.sims.berkeley.edu/~savage/ps/
> doesn't mention île sans fil or wifidog. Is it the first you hear about
> this ? Do you know why they forked instead of contribute ?

Ok, so I posted too quickly :

from http://www.sims.berkeley.edu/~savage/ps/tech-details.html

Router specifications:
        software: our customized router software "lives" on the router.
Combined with a Linux distribution, it replaces the device's
factory-installed software. The software is based on -- and built from
-- the open-source Wifi Dog captive portal software. (Captive portal
software is often used to control access to a wi-fi access point -- for
instance, to require people to enter a username and password, or to
purchase access time, before they can get an Internet connection.)
Thanks to the folks at Wifi Dog for their great work which provided us a
strong foundation to build upon.

I was searching for "wifidog", when I should have searched for "wifi
dog" I guess - or just "dog" ;)

--
Robin Millette, aka oqp http://rym.waglo.com/wordpress/
Cogitateurs-Agitateurs, http://cogitateurs-agitateurs.org/