[isf-wifidog] Clients using MS Outlook can not validate their new account

Philippe April isf_lists at philippeapril.com
Mer 20 Avr 09:22:37 EDT 2005

On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 01:14:33AM -0400, Mina Naguib wrote:

> I had Bruce from Zeeba contact me regarding the validation period.
>
> Some of his clients were simply unable to check their mail after they
> signed up.  The commonality between all of them was that they used MS
> Outlook, and therefore not POP3/IMAP which the validation firewall
> ruleset allows.
>
> 1. Do we need such a restrictive validation set ?
> 2. If we do, anyone familiar enough with the proprietary MS
> Outlook<-->Exchange protocol to shed light on the ports that need to be
> opened ?
> 3. Anyone objects to opening them in the validation ruleset of all
> hotspots and the next wifidog release ?

We'd have to first make sure they really use an exchange server/exchange
protocol and not just Outlook with POP3 or IMAP.

I'm not against opening everything.

In my case, I would be totally screwed with the current setup since
I access my mail remotely by SSH and it's closed by default!

--
Philippe April
GnuPG: http://key.philippeapril.com/