[Wifidog] WifiDog-Auth :: How is this supposed to Work ?

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Mon Oct 4 09:15:23 EDT 2004

On October 4, 2004 08:16 am, Rikhardur.EGILSSON at oecd.org wrote:
> I have this problem with wifidog, that when I log in, everything seems to
> work (WifiDog-Auth returns 1)
>
> However, the first counter update, WifiDog returns 0, and wifidog shuts the
> door on the client ..
>
> Exactly where in auth/index.php is $auth_response supposed to be set to
> anything other than the default ACCOUNT_STATUS_DENIED ?

When the login process is successfull, the return is set to the validation
status stored in the database (for the user).  Did you validate the user you
created?

As for the auth returns 1 then immediately 0 bug, it was fixed one or two
weeks ago.  From your debug output, you seem to run an auth server which is
quite old.  Time to run CVS up...

--
Benoit Grégoire, http://benoitg.coeus.ca/