[Wifidog] New Wifidog Setups

Alexandre Carmel-Veilleux saruman at northernhacking.org
Sun Nov 28 11:08:20 EST 2004

> > I am in the process of setting up the AP for the Fraser-Hickson
> > library.  I had to leave the training last week before the Wifidog setup
> > part, but I am fairly confident that I can finish right now.

	As an aside, you want the CVS version, either branches. It seems
that the very latest (1.1.0-pre2) is fairing quite well in stability.

	You might ask Phil for a firmware image, and a set of packages
along with all the openvpn stuff required to hook back to his place.
This is because the wifidog packages need to be built against the same
version of the firmware as will be running on the wrt54g and Phil has
been tracking the code and performing remote monitoring/upgrading for
a lot of our busiest hot spots. He currently uses 1.0.2-pre4 (same as
1.1.0-pre2, minus the new configurable firewall rules code.)

Cheers,

Alex