[Volunteers] Ongoing problem with Wifidog + solution - WAS: Ton acces internet

Philippe April isf_lists at philippeapril.com
Sat Nov 20 20:52:13 EST 2004

Okay... Robert contacted me regarding Victoria, he got there and net
wouldn't work. He unplugged and replugged and it worked.

I logged in to some other hotspots, a few were hung.

There was NOTHING in the WiFiDog_AuthServers chain.

Alex, what if we detect the auth server's IP has changed... call
iptables to set it to the new one (and DNS gave us an error and didn't
put in anything)?

I think we need to call iptables WITH THE IP and not with
auth.ilesansfil.org, otherwise if the resolving fails, we THINK it's
alright and it's done, but it's not (and that's right after flushing the
chain .....). We could check for the return code of iptables, but even
if we know it failed... What can we do...

How about we flush AFTER we're sure we got good replacement IPs? :)

So, wanna implement this, or should I do it? :)

--
Philippe April
isf_lists at philippeapril.com