[Wifidog] incorporate_libhttpd branch merged

Philippe April papril777 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 17 09:26:26 EST 2004

I tested it and I can't seem to make it work right now.

However, I found what's not working and it's simple.

The auth page on the auth server is (configurable)
authserver.com/wifidog/auth and the login page is
authserver.com/wifidog/login

The page my http functions were answering to were just /auth (not
/wifidog/auth) but your hooks are now handling /wifidog/auth/.

So basically, the central server code (PHP) has to know the path wifidog
will answer to, and same for the reverse (auth forwarding to gw has to
know the path on the gw).

I suppose we could keep the central server at /wifidog/auth and
/wifidog/login, since the server might handle other things other than
wifidog stuff. We could leave the admin of the central server decide that.

But for the gateway part, I think we should make it just /auth, /about,
and the rest goes to 404 (which is supposed to be redirected to the
central server...?)

What do you guys think? Ideas?

Other than that, I think libhttpd makes it super clean. If it's possible
to use it to forge clean HTTP GET requests and parse the responses, it'd
be good to use it for that too!

Oh and we could get rid of the HTTPDName config parameter (unless it's
configurable in libhttpd).

Philippe April
papril777 at yahoo.com