Hello???

Alexandre Carmel-Veilleux saruman at northernhacking.org
Fri Jun 25 16:00:51 EDT 2004

Hey guys,

	It seems that WifiDog has slowed down tremendously in the last
few weeks. While I know that Mina is working on the new event driven
setup for the auth side of things, the gateway is so near a viable beta
taht we should concentrate on it. I want to stamp out that libhttpd bug
ASAP.

	Now, Alexandre Guedon (firewave, cc'd in the email) has received
a copy of the firmware from Phil. This is a good step (and Alex is like
5-10 minutes from my house on foot) in the right way. Alex has setup his
AP over parc outremont to use WifiDog.

	If Phil could show both of us how to setup a toolchain and build
our own wifidog for wrt54g package, we could take much more proactive
steps for the debugging on wifidog (in fact, with a publically accessible
access point, ad-hoc multi-user debugging sessions are much easier to do.)

	Finally we could write a first version of the WifiDog for WRT54G
HOWTO or README.

	I think it would be a win-win situation to get some fresh work
into the wifidog development and finally do an initial alpha release for
general internet consumption. Plus, we're quickly reaching the point were
a fully integrated AP solution for ISF will be critical.

	Any thoughts on this? Alex? Phil?

Alex