[Wifidog] WiFiDog on OpenWRT

Philippe April isf_lists at philippeapril.com
Wed Jul 21 16:07:24 EDT 2004

I updated the CVS with a few things:

- Re-made the ipkg building makefile
  It was not clean, building a package should be done in a temporary
  directory. I made the new one modular and cleaner. New is in
  ./ipkg/, I also updated the README.

- Made makefile to build on a Debian distro (in ./debian)

- Removed the big tree under openwrt/
  (it will stay in the CVS, but having the whole tree with an empty
  openwrt/lib/modules/2.4.20/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/ is not a good
  idea, it should only be done temporarily in the building process).

  When you checkout, do -P to not get those directories anymore, Benoit
  maybe there's a way to clean them from sourceforge?

Pascal added a "TODO" page in the wiki so we can throw things left to do
and stuff like that.

On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 12:53:06PM -0400, Alexandre Carmel-Veilleux wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 	It's a bit late, but the current CVS tree has both instructions
> on building an ipkg and a tree and script to automate it. It's as simple
> as:
>
> $ ./autogen.sh BUILDROOT=$HOME/buildroot
> $ make
> $ cd openwrt
> $ make BUILDROOT=$HOME/buildroot
>
> 	All you need is the full OpenWRT "buildroot" from the website.
> The Makefile will take care of making sure you have all the dependencies
> both compiled and in the right place. It doesn't yet strip the file
> however.
>
> 	If someone wants to make that Makefile automake friendly, go
> ahead, but it's really an overgrown shell script with multiple targets ;-).
>
> 	Also, the process was tested using OpenWRT 0.4 (and a recent
> cvs snapshot of uClibc.)
>
> Enjoy,
>
> Alex

Philippe April