[Wifidog] Re: Fwd: WiFiDog trial with NYCwireless

Alexandre Carmel-Veilleux saruman at northernhacking.org
Tue Dec 7 21:08:25 EST 2004

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 05:59:54PM -0500, Benoit Grégoire wrote:

> Fixing the reverse incoming and outgoing bug.  Phil and I need to synchronize
> so we don't screw up the logs on the auth server.  However I can actually do
> the release without waiting for ISF.  I may do it tonight if there are no
> objections.

	No objections on my end.
> On top of my head:
> -Finish libhttpd cleanup.

	It's as clean as it'll be without more extensive real world
testing. The changes weren't that deep.

> -Finish subnet whitelisting.
> -Logging of traffic to whitelisted subnet.

	Define "whitelisted"? If you mean firewall rules to let traffic
such as Teliphone, it's implemented.

	Logging of that traffic will be interesting, any suggestions?
IPTables is definately not my domain. I could never wrap my heads around
its subtelties. pf is so much more obvious.

> -Serious testing.

	No doubt. But it'd be useful if some ISF hotspots switched over.

Alex