[Wifidog] Version 1.0

Philippe April papril777 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 24 14:19:32 EDT 2004

Just to send an update on the progress..

WiFiDog version cleanup_post has been running for two days on my router
succesfully, and myself and my significant other are using it, it works
great, didn't crash once yet.

For the firewalls:

I have rewrote some firewall functions, I will need some advice on how to
architect that properly so we can be as modular as possible.

None of my progress is in CVS yet.

I have added an iptables.c, and have redone the fw_destroy function with a
lot of helpers. I basically loop into the tables and check for my rules
that have wifidog* as targets, then loop into the chains and do the same
(check for chains that start with wifidog*) flush them then delete them.

It works pretty well, and it's fast!

I've also redone the fw_counter functions, it works very well too.

Btw, I have used a lot of help from the Perl IPTables wrapper, they do
pretty much everything we want to do.

The tricky part is regarding ADDING data. So I'll spend some time
converting the fw_allow and fw_deny scripts, + the fw_init.

I'll keep you posted, as always.

Philippe